Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Update from late August 2026

Monday, 7am

Up because we drop kid off at school before 7am

Kid had a water polo tournament yesterday. two games, one started at 8am, one at 12pm Still better than swim meets. He scored a couple goals, and played goalie half the games. Most importantly, had a great attitude and the older kids encouraged him.

This is all a county league, at $25 for 3 months. Look, I like a good deal and all, but I would have signed him up if it were $200 a session as well. 

At one practice, I heard an older kid say to him, "how old are you?" and when he said "twelve" they said, "You're going to be a beast!" Lol.

Also, last week kid made the volleyball team for 7th grade. Two rounds of tryouts. Has been going to clinics on the weekend on and off last year, sometimes practices in the back yard by himself, hitting it against the hill. Yeah we have a side hill and a back hill.

Goes to school before 7am for zero period. That's early. But that's also why I'm writing this.

We went to Paris in April. Guess I didn't write about it. Good times. Played ping pong in the park with the kid a decent amount because hey, might as well fly thousands of miles to do something we can do at home. Lol. Kidding. But yeah, we did that. It's different in Paris, though, and we found people to be pretty friendly. Maybe because New Mom speaks French?

So, this is the start of the writing every day thing, but will it last? Lasted 10 minutes so far; but not journaling or this blog every day.

New Dad (me) taught a cubing class over the summer. Tough for the first 3 week session, but easier for the second 3 week session. 

Not sure this is the best place to dump random thoughts, so I may open up another blog or use an email. What else with the kid..

He's 5 feet 9 inches. Not sure when that happened. His voice hasn't changed yet, so that's interesting in the way that he's still a kid and we're wondering how tall he'll get.

Cool in the mornings, New Mom was just outside doing yoga. That's pretty nice. Can meowing to get out while she's doing it - not as nice.

Speaking of new kid, Mom's brother had another kid, so now that's's two daughters and it's been a week and they seem pretty darn tired. I'm not saying I don't wish we had another kid, but... yeah, sometimes I'm pretty glad.

Plus, new mom's health is not 100%, with the fibroids. 

This has turned into a family blog.

I guess that's what happenes when new kid grows up, he eventually becomes part of the contributing family, where we don't just keep track of things, he does things, adds to things, and that's already happening as we all do our own things often, and I wonder when he'll know that we never really stop trying to do our own thing or figuring out what our own things are, as so many things vie for our attention, not just distractions but life, daily life, and work, and other people, and responsibilities, and time moves on.


No comments:

Post a Comment