Monday, August 28, 2023

Super Band Members + Golfing

 Played 9 holes with the boy at the Whittier Narrow Mountain 9 course on Saturday morning. Well, technically we played the whole course.

Had a really good time. 

On the way to the course, the boy asked, "What if there was a band with the best members of other bands?"

me: Like a super group?

him: Yeah. 

me: Who would you pick?

him: The drummer from block party, Slash (GnR), Paul from the Beatles-

me: Paul from the Beatles?

him: On bass. He's a good bass player.

me: Alright. Who else?

him: And Taylor Swift singing.

me: That's a pretty good group.

...

Later, on the golf course, I mentioned granddad - because I was using granddad's clubs, and used to golf with him - and the boy said, "You miss granddad a lot, don't you." and I said, "Yeah, yeah I do," and it was hard to say without, well, crying. And then we played more golf.



No comments:

Post a Comment