Friday, August 18, 2023

Music - I call DJ

 On the way to school or anywhere, son often says, "I call DJ."

I hand him my phone and he chooses songs, mostly off of his playlist.

Recently this has been:

On the way to school:

Sweet Child of Mine

Hotel California

Take on Me

All Star by Smashmouth

He learned Patience on guitar, so the G n R makes sense.

Oh, sometimes he throws in Heart of Gold by Neil Young or Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones. Both great songs.

He's recently heard Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo, and likes it The clean version, that is.

What else... learning I Saw her Standing There by The Beatles on guitar. One time he asked me, "What does, 'You know what I mean,' mean in the lyrics, 'She was just 17, you know what I mean.' 

My answer to that was a lot of fumbling. I mean, it's really hard to explain, if you think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment