Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Milestone - First Tooth

Today the baby got his first tooth.  I heard about it from New Mom who sent me a text at work.

But before I go into that, New Mom just walked by.  I motioned for her to come over, which she reluctantly did.  I asked her what it was like to discover our son's first tooth.

"You want me to tell you what the text was?  The text isn't on your phone?" She asked, reading this post instead of answering my question.

"I'll add that later.  I just wanted to know what was it like to find our son's first tooth."

"That's why you called me over here?  What was it like?  Surprising?  I don't know.  I have to go to the bathroom.  Geez."

Only then did I notice the newspaper under her arm, and remember her direction of travel before I stopped her had been toward the bathroom.  She returned to her original course.

Here's the part where I add the historic text message exchange marking the appearance of our son's first tooth.

New Mom:  Omg, our son is getting a tooth!  Bottom front.
ND: no way
ND: Tonight we feeds him steaks.
ND: On a serious note, do you want to get Chipotle for dinner tonight?
New Mom: And yogurtland!!!
ND: :)
New Mom: That emoticon came across as a square.
ND: :(

-ND

No comments:

Post a Comment