Saturday, March 15, 2014

Songs Sung (Poorly) to the Baby

So far, I have sung the following songs - in partial or their entirety - mostly partial, but all a capella, to one captive audience (especially when swaddled) known as our baby boy - and sometimes s fleeting wife.

This is why I recommend to all fathers-to-be to LEARN AS MANY COOL SONGS AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU KID IS BORN.

Okay, here's the list...or at least, what I remember singing so far.  I take no responsibility for songs I don't remember singing to him, though I'm sure there have been many....

THREE LITTLE BIRDS - Bob Marley
RED AND BLACK - Les Miserables
SANTARIA - Sublime
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE - The Beatles
SITTIN' ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY - Otis Redding
DO RE MI - The Sound of Music
FELIZ NAVIDAD - Jose Feliciano (or Traditional?)
JIMMY CRACK CORN - Traditional, or so I thought...just looked it up and it turns out this is a minstrel song! (Wikipedia entry for Jimmy Crack Corn)  Holy smokes!  But it's actually about slaves rejoicing because their master fell and "cracked" his head open.  Hmm.. That's not as bad, I suppose.. )

Of these, he's taken to "Three Little Birds" the best.

And by "taken" I mean, cries the least at.

Not sure what his mother has sung to him - as she is too shy to sing in front of me - but I'm sure it's a better list than this.

More to come, I'm sure... As well as poorly sung repeats of the songs above.

Sorry, kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment