Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baby Milestones at 6 weeks

The baby is now six and a half weeks old.

Some recent milestones include:

1. Smiling

2. Staring at his feet

For anyone who has never had a baby, I can see how that may not not sound like much...

But for those with babies, isn't that great!?  :)

BABY'S FIRST SMILE

As for his first smile, I don't remember it exactly.

It was last week some time...I remember the father-in-law was over, playing with (holding) the baby, and said: "He smiled at me!"  At which point I thought: "Yeah right, I look at that kid all the time, and he doesn't really smile."

But the next day (or was it the day after?  Who knows, we have a (semi) newborn!) on the changing table, the boy looked at me and smiled.  He had shaped his mouth in a smile-like way before, but this was different - his eyes changed in that way that happens when you smile... He was smiling with his whole face!

So maybe the father-in-law did see him smile... I'm still not convinced.

Anyhow, the boy smiles every day now, so that's great.

He also cries every day.  A lot more than he smiles.  Which is OK, because he's smiling now sometimes.  (It was also OK before, but better now, because he smiles....)

BABY'S STARES AT FEET FOR FIRST TIME

There's really not much to say here.  I'm not sure why he hadn't seen his feet before.  But today he was naked with just the diaper on, and lifted his feet and looked at it.  I've got some of it on video, I think, or at the very least, the wife and I talking about how he looked at his feet for the first time...

Alright, that's it for milestone(s).  Time to see if we can get this kid to sleep.

Ah, sleeping more than 3 hours at a time.  That's a milestone you will see on here IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS.

Seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment