Thursday, January 23, 2014

Nurses hate it when the baby falls asleep on you

The baby fell asleep on me for about 2 hours last night.

That was the first 2 hours I think I slept in the past 48 hours.

(You can tell by the way that I write the number "2" instead of the word "two" as I would usually do with more sleep.)

But the nurse came in and found us and told me it's dangerous to fall asleep with a baby on you.

I then realized it's the TOP instruction in their list of what to do with the baby.  That list is on the bathroom door.

The top instruction is in BOLD.

I should take a picture of that list.

What if you don't go to the bathroom - then you don't learn how to take care of your baby?  I'm unsure about their list-placing skills.

Meanwhile, all I can think of is a high school friend who used to fall asleep in a chair holding an open beer.  He would never spill it, just hold it there the whole night.

If he can hold that beer, I can certainly hold a baby.

On second thought, maybe that's not the lesson to learn from his beer-holding prowess.  Maybe there is no lesson.  Maybe I just need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment